Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by daniel_sun <re...@hotmail.com> on 2016/03/21 17:05:49 UTC

About the license of the sample codes from Groovy in Action 2nd Edition

Hi List,

     Jesper and I are tring to implement Groovy parser via antlr4. Some
typical test cases are required to check the compatibility between the
antlr2 parser and the antlr4 parser. As we all know, Groovy in Action 2nd
Edition is the most definitive book for Groovy and contain many sample
codes. We wonder whether the sample codes conform to APL v2 ?

ps: the project url is https://github.com/jespersm/groovy/tree/antlr4

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: About the license of the sample codes from Groovy in Action 2nd Edition

Posted by daniel_sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you, Jorge!

Re: About the license of the sample codes from Groovy in Action 2nd Edition

Posted by Jorge Franco <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hey!

In grooscript there are a few groovy script with assert's. I use them to
check conversions to javascript. Feel free to use if you want, is APL 2,
https://github.com/chiquitinxx/grooscript/tree/master/src/test/resources

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
Dierk told me the source code from Groovy in Action 2nd edition is actually
Apache licensed, and can be found here on Github:
https://github.com/Dierk/GroovyInAction

So you can reuse it for the new parser.

Let's be sure to keep the attribution, to remember where this code is
coming from.

Guillaume

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 5:05 PM, daniel_sun <re...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
>      Jesper and I are tring to implement Groovy parser via antlr4. Some
> typical test cases are required to check the compatibility between the
> antlr2 parser and the antlr4 parser. As we all know, Groovy in Action 2nd
> Edition is the most definitive book for Groovy and contain many sample
> codes. We wonder whether the sample codes conform to APL v2 ?
>
> ps: the project url is https://github.com/jespersm/groovy/tree/antlr4
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.Sun

Guillaume Laforge