Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Edward Quick <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2008/09/24 15:36:07 UTC

keyword match

Has anyone written a keyword match for Nutch so when a user enters a certain search string, they are guaranteed to get a specific url at the top of the search results no matter what the boost value of that url is?

Any ideas (or links) to how this is done?

Thanks,

Ed.

Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354027/direct/01/

RE: keyword match

Posted by Edward Quick <ed...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Doğacan although I may need to brush up my java skills before I can do that.
I haven't tried Solr before but it sounds like maybe that's the way to go for spellchecking and keyword matches.

> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:40:58 +0300
> From: dogacan@gmail.com
> To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: keyword match
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Edward Quick <ed...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone written a keyword match for Nutch so when a user enters a certain search string, they are guaranteed to get a specific url at the top of the search results no matter what the boost value of that url is?
> >
> > Any ideas (or links) to how this is done?
> >

> You can write a new indexing filter that adds your keywords to a
> "keyword" field. Then during search, you also search for those
> keywords (with a query filter) in "keyword" field with a huge boost.
> If a keyword matches, that document will probably shoot straight up to
> the top.
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ed.

> > Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE

> Doğacan Güney

Make a mini you and download it into Windows Live Messenger
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354029/direct/01/

Re: keyword match

Posted by Doğacan Güney <do...@gmail.com>.