Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/08/02 11:55:32 UTC

Re: A rule for empty body and pdf attachment??

Sebastian Ries writes:
> Hi
>
> > Excume my lack of knowlegde but where is the plugin directory for SA?
> >
> > I tried putting it in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/
> > then in /etc/mail and then in /usr/local/share/spamassassin
> >
> > When I restart spamd, it does not like when I put the path to
> > /usr/local/share/spamassassin in init.pre and neither can it by itself find
> > the PDFInfo.pm in /etc/mail nor in /usr/local/share/spamassassin.
>
> In my Debian etch installation it's
> /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/

actually, it's better not to use that location.  That's where
SpamAssassin installs its distribution-packaged modules, and it
may delete the contents during upgrades etc.

Better to store local plugins in /etc/mail or somewhere under /usr/local.
As long as the "loadplugin" line indicates where to look, SpamAssassin
will load plugins from anywhere.

--j.

Re: A rule for empty body and pdf attachment??

Posted by MIKE YRABEDRA <li...@323inc.com>.

Answer to my own question...

#PDFInfo - tags pdf based spam
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::PDFInfo
/usr/local/saplugins/PDFInfo.pm

:-)

--
Mike Yrabedra B^)>

Re: A rule for empty body and pdf attachment??

Posted by MIKE YRABEDRA <li...@323inc.com>.