Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/12 10:09:07 UTC

Re: using wadi with tomcat & web app in an ear

Hello Gianny,

I see you have suggested that you were able to figure out the problem. Can
you please suggest what is the problem? Is there any workaround for this
issue?
Any associated JIRA's???

There is another JIRA which has been opened for a similar issue. Please have
a look at the following url
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4900.

I am still investigating will let you know if I find anything.

Thanks
Ashish

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gianny,

I have uploaded a patch to geronimo-4900 which will address this issue
in g 2.1.5. Please verify.

Thanks
Ashish

On 10/12/09, Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I understand now that the code snippet suggested  by you will help
> fix the GBean Not Found exception. Please suggest if this is correct.
>
> However the "Missing Dependency Exception
> "org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: Missing
> dependency: default/ClusterTestEAR/1.0/ear" will be fixed once we are able
> to apply the changes as in
>  *GERONIMO-4556 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4556>*
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gianny,
>>
>> Did you mean that the Missing Dependency Exception will be fixed by the
>> code snippet suggested by you. I had build the new jar
>> "geronimo-tomcat6-clustering-builder-wadi-2.1.4.jar" and replaced the
>> existing one in g214 with this new one. Started two clean instances of
>> g214
>> with replaced jars. deployed the application.
>>
>> The server still throws the Missing Dependency Exception
>> "org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
>> Missing
>> dependency: default/ClusterTestEAR/1.0/ear".
>>
>> Please advice.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ashish
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Gianny Damour <
>> gianny.damour@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ashish,
>>>
>>> I added a comment to GERONIMO-4900. This problem should have been fixed
>>> as
>>> part of 2.1.4; unfortunately, it seems that the fix was applied to trunk
>>> after the creation of the 2.1.4 branch. Could you please confirm that
>>> this
>>> works OK against trunk?
>>>
>>> Regarding the Tomcat bug reported by this email, the problem is caused
>>> by
>>> the AbstractNameQuery used to find the name of Tomcat Web app context
>>> GBean.
>>> When the clustered WAR is within an EAR, the query returned by
>>> WADITomcatClusteringBuilder.createTomcatWebAppContextNameQuery does not
>>> work.  I am not sure why as I cannot debug (I cannot build the server due

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gianny,

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gianny,

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gianny,

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hi Ashish,

I added a comment to GERONIMO-4900. This problem should have been
fixed as part of 2.1.4; unfortunately, it seems that the fix was
applied to trunk after the creation of the 2.1.4 branch. Could you
please confirm that this works OK against trunk?

Regarding the Tomcat bug reported by this email, the problem is
caused by the AbstractNameQuery used to find the name of Tomcat Web
app context GBean. When the clustered WAR is within an EAR, the query
returned by
WADITomcatClusteringBuilder.createTomcatWebAppContextNameQuery does
not work.  I am not sure why as I cannot debug (I cannot build the
server due to missing a dependency "org.apache.activemq:activemq-

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hi Ashish,