Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Philippe Strauss <ph...@philou.ch> on 2011/09/06 21:44:53 UTC

ocaml client usage example

Hello thrift users,

I'm no ready to tinker w thrift using a c++ server and an ocaml client, but ocaml examples are rather thin, I've only found the test/ocaml directory, about initializing socket and co., but it doesnt work in the way I expected.

    let sock = new TSocket.t "192.168.1.100" 9090 in
    let proto = new TBinaryProtocol.t sock in
    let client = new Control.client proto proto in

philou@air:~/mysrc/audio/jack_preamp/remote$ ./rc.opt
In callback for signal motion_notify_event, uncaught exception: Thrift.Transport.E(1, "TSocket: Socket not open")
In callback for signal motion_notify_event, uncaught exception: Thrift.Transport.E(1, "TSocket: Socket not open")
In callback for signal motion_notify_event, uncaught exception: Thrift.Transport.E(1, "TSocket: Socket not open")

Someone with an example ocaml working client ? (and using simple TCP/IP socket).

Re: ocaml client usage example

Posted by Philippe Strauss <ph...@philou.ch>.
oh I forgot the sock #opn;

it works fine now.