Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com> on 2013/12/19 18:36:00 UTC

Need your help again ;-)

Hello everyone,

We are using only AsymmetricBinding assertion to a recipient with :

*         InitiatorSignatureToken (IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient)

*         RecipientEncryptionToken (IncludeToken/Never)

*         IncludeTimestamp

*         ProtectTokens

*         OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody

*         Wss11

o   sp:MustSupportRefKeyIdentifier

o   sp:MustSupportRefIssuerSerial

o   sp:MustSupportRefThumbprint

o   sp:MustSupportRefEncryptedKey

o   sp:RequireSignatureConfirmation

Could we attached this AsymmetricBinding assertion to a WS endpoint as it is, meaning without providing any details regarding what we want to sign and encrypt ?

In the spec (http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/ws-securitypolicy-1.2-spec-os.html#_Toc161826608) it is stated that:

-          "The specified token populates the [Initiator Signature Token] property and is used for the message signature from initiator to recipient.". So it means that a SOAP client has to provide a message signature in the SOAP request sent to the recipient: right ?

-          "The specified token populates the [Recipient Encryption Token] property and is used for the message encryption from recipient to Recipient.": is there any typo here ? from recipient to Recipient ? If this is not a typo what does that mean ? Because otherwise I will interpret it as initiator to Recipient: right ? In such case, the SOAP request sent to the recipient should contain some encryption: right ?

Best Regards.

________________________________
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus

RE: Need your help again ;-)

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com>.
Hello,

Thanks a lot for the pointer :-)