Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Lai Will <la...@student.ethz.ch> on 2011/04/20 21:57:39 UTC

Benchmark Haddop and Pig UDFs

Hi there,

I'm planning to do some performance measurements of my hadoop pig code in order to see how it scales.
Does anyone have some suggestions on how to do that?

I thought of measuring the time needed for completion on a fixed cluster size by increasing the input data.
Then by fixing the input data and by adding cluster nodes. Does anyone have experience in doing that? I thought of writing a script that does start/stop the time and execute the pig command. Maybe there's a better way?

Best,
Will

Re: Benchmark Haddop and Pig UDFs

Posted by Guy Bayes <fa...@gmail.com>.
One thing I would say is don't benchmark on EC2, do it on physical
hardware...

There is a test harness infrastructure for generic benchmarking at
http://bbltest.sourceforge.net/

that might be somewhat useful
Guy

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@yahoo-inc.com>.