Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rajshekhar <cy...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/09/22 08:22:22 UTC

how to configure an application which is outside ofbiz

hi,
    I want to configure an application which is outside ofbiz folder. even
images and css folder are differnent for that application
              How can i configure that application with ofbiz?. The
structure of that application is same as that of  applications in ofbiz.

regards
G.Rajshekhar

Posted by Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>.
David,

Well, that's pretty much what I'm working on, I was just struck with
some angst this morning that perhaps I'd missed something new!

Thanks for the reassurance! :-)

- Andrew

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Re: how to configure an application which is outside ofbiz

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
make a symbolic link in the hot-deploy directory to your application.
Then you can access it if it was located there.....

On Friday 22 September 2006 15:14, rajshekhar wrote:
> Since  my application is outside the ofbiz folder, how can i give path in
> component-load.xml, I can't access $ofbiz.home. Is it possible to give hard
> code path like "/home/rajshekhar/ws-eclipse/puf/develop"
> in component-load.xml ?
>
> regards
> G.Rajshekhar

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

RE: how to configure an application which is outside ofbiz

Posted by Amit Shinde <am...@amicontech.com>.
Rajshekar,
		You will need to add your application in the component loader. The file
component-load.xml is located under ofbiz/framework/base/config folder.
		You will need to add this line
		<load-component component-location="${ofbiz.home}/../myApp"/>.

		myApp - is the parent folder name of your application.

		Incase, if you have more than one application under that folder, then you
will need to add this line instead -

		<load-components parent-directory="${ofbiz.home}/../myApp"/>

<component-loader xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/component-l
oader.xsd">
    <load-components parent-directory="${ofbiz.home}/framework"/>
    <load-components parent-directory="${ofbiz.home}/applications"/>
    <load-components parent-directory="${ofbiz.home}/specialized"/>
    <load-components parent-directory="${ofbiz.home}/hot-deploy"/>
    <load-component component-location="${ofbiz.home}/../myApp"/>

</component-loader>

		These are the files that need to configured for your application inside
your application.
		1.> ofbiz-component.xml or component-load.xml depending if you have one or
more than one applications to load.
		2.> web.xml - in WEB-INF folder
		3.> controller.xml - in WEB-INF folder
		4.> entitydefs - Make sure to include all your entity definitions in
ofbiz-component.xml
		5.> servicedefs - Make sure to include all your service definitions in
ofbiz-component.xml

		OFBiz side configuration required -
		1.> component-load.xml - To include your application in OFBiz.
		2.> entityengine.xml - To configure your database.

		Hope this helps.

Amit Shinde