Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org> on 2022/10/19 22:51:36 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Re-enable checkerframework by default

Hi all,

Some time ago we turned off checker framework locally by default, and only
turn it on with `-PenableCheckerFramework` and also on Jenkins.

My opinion is that this causes more headache than it solves, by delaying
finding out about errors. The increased compilation time of
checkerframework is real. But during iteration almost every step of a
compile is cached so it only matters specifically for :sdks:java:core. My
take is that anyone editing that is probably experienced enough with Beam
to know they can turn it off. So I propose we turn it on by default, with
the option to disable it.

Kenn

Re: [PROPOSAL] Re-enable checkerframework by default

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/23792

Posted by Reuven Lax via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
+1