Posted to user@openwebbeans.apache.org by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/19 15:20:02 UTC

Exception when running sample with bake

Hi,

So when getting to know Meecro I just added the sample bake into the rest
trivial and tried to run it in Intellij.

https://github.com/karlkilden/openwebbeans-meecrowave-examples/commit/15ceab392683adf356e103c1d1c8fc66139b862e

stacktrace and code above.

Anything I am missing?

Cheers
Karl

Re: Exception when running sample with bake

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le mar. 20 oct. 2020 à 11:09, Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I copied the sample code pretty blindly. Indeed, now it works :). Seems
> pretty advanced to turn off the scanning/tune yourself? We need to remove
> that from the front-page-sample.

It is unlikely you want to do it until very advanced cases (bootstrap optim
is an example)

> Many thanks,
>

>    - I will update my builder code
>    - I hope that's not your last tip :) We are just getting started!
>    - However most things I tried yesterday worked just fine (e.g. servlet
>    filters and stuff)
>    - I did have issues attaching a debugger when running it with java
>    -jar -cp, will jvm arguments to tomcat work as one expects? for assigning
>    the debug port in this cas

It is a plain JVM works as any main
(-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=*:5005 for
ex - the *: can be the missing trick in java 11 if not running on localhost
(docker))

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Romain, the craftmanship seems incredible as always. Meecro is really well
designed from what I can tell so far. But I am a mere mortal and need docs
to get servers to run :)

   - I do find it odd that javase code like the bake stuff can't run in a
   main method in intellij.
      -  If that is the case, then surely we most doc this with a sample.
   - Following your guide, I setup some maven plugins and could run the Cli
   class. Very convenient. For production purposes I think I would prefer the
   assembly, that works fine too.

From intellij, I tried some exec stuff and did a run configuration with the

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.