Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Israel Ekpo <is...@aicer.org> on 2013/03/26 22:07:14 UTC

How JIRA Issues are Classified

Hello Everyone,

I have ran into JIRA issues like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1621 where very important
features within Flume are not documented properly or not documented at all
and we need to address the problem.

In this particular instance, I think the issue should have been classified
as Improvement or Documentation rather than as a Bug.

Should these be classified as Bugs, Improvements or Documentation.

So my question now is:

In general, when do we classify the JIRA issues as:

- Improvement
- Documentation
- Bug
- Wish
- Task
- New Feature

Are there any guidelines that could help in classifying the issues properly?

Re: How JIRA Issues are Classified

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
OK sounds good. I don't know if doing it for Flume 0.9 issues will be worth
your timeā€¦ that codebase hasn't had activity in over a year.

Thanks for the help!

Best,
Mike

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@aicer.org>.