Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2009/12/01 15:42:35 UTC

release of POI-3.6

Hi All,

Bugs are being fixed, new features are coming in and it's time to think about our next release, POI-3.6.
I guess many of us will have Christmas or New Year holidays and will not be available around that time.

So, we have two options:

(a) start the vote in two weeks, around Dec 15 and release  before New Year
(b) start the vote in early Jan 2010 and release in mid Jan

I would prefer (a). Any objections?

Yegor

Re: release of POI-3.6

Posted by N Hira <nh...@cognocys.com>.
+1 (a)

-h

________________________________

Re: release of POI-3.6

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
I think we can release 3.6 in one go, without a beta. Even if we stage a beta, we should do it for a longer period than
two weeks.

I myself is not ready to release right now - I have some pending patches that I plan to check-in within a week.

Yegor

Re: release of POI-3.6

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com> wrote:
> I'd probably lean towards doing a beta now (eg roll it tomorrow or thurs, 72
> hour vote, on the mirrors by monday), then release final just into the new
> year.

+1 I'd really love that!

I'm hoping to have a Tika 0.6 release done next week, and being able
to base it on a POI 3.6 beta (or even an alpha if there's some stuff
that's not ready for beta status) would be perfect.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: release of POI-3.6

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.