Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark McMillan <ma...@engineous.com> on 2001/12/17 13:12:38 UTC

General string manipulations

I have a number of times wanted to do some manipulation of a property
string.  For example, when running JAVA2IIOP as part of an EJB build, I
need build a list of all Java classes that end in "...Home.java".  A
FILESET easily builds the list of files, but then I have to convert those
file names to Java class names (remove path prefix, convert "/" to ".", and
remove ".java" postfix).

I have written a simple string-substitution task:

   <subst property="someProperty" from="string1" to="string2"/>

but is there a more general way to manipulate property values in ANT?  I
looked around on the Jakarta site but could not find anything like this...
surely this is a common sort of task?

-Mark