Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/08 19:21:16 UTC

Weblog Entry Metadata

Did anything ever come of this?

http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_WeblogEntryPlugin

I'm interested in adding this functionality to Roller.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Weblog Entry Metadata

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.

Re: Weblog Entry Metadata

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 2/8/06, David M Johnson <Da...@sun.com> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2006, at 1:21 PM, Matt Raible wrote:
> > Did anything ever come of this?
> > http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?
> > page=Proposal_WeblogEntryPlugin
>
> Yes and no.
>
> We added the ENTRYATTRIBUTE table, which allows us to add arbitrary
> name/value properties to each weblog entry, and we use that table to
> store podcast data, but we didn't do the rest of the work to enable
> plugins to define and access attributes.
>

> > I'm interested in adding this functionality to Roller.
>
> I'd like to see that work completed too. What parts are you
> interested in?
> * adding arbitrary name/value properties to blog entries
> * allowing plugins to define define new fields for the weblog entry form
> * hooking entry events

The first two for sure, not so sure about the last one.  I have a
potential client that may pay for me to do this work (as well as
contribute it back to Roller).

I sent him the link and here's his response:

<quote>
If I get it right, I'd have access to those attributes from the view. It
seems to be exactly what we need, so much so that it looks like I
pilfered the idea from the below URL.
</quote>

Matt

Re: Weblog Entry Metadata