Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Bratislav Stojanovic <br...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/17 22:09:26 UTC

Problems when deploying WAR (example attached)

Hi,

I have implemented a simple web app using zkoss (zk) framework and gwt (for
client-side processing) and the app works fine in both Tomcat and Jetty.
When
I try to deploy the same app into karaf by simply copying the war into
deploy folder,
war gets installed, *but there are problems :*

1) It seems that Jetty (or Pax Web) appends *;jsessionid=...* when
requesting my
gwt scripts, and because of that browser is not able to load the page
correctly! After
hours of googling, I've tried adding this into web.xml :

<context-param>

<param-name>org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.SessionIdPathParameterName</param-name>
    <param-value>none</param-value>
</context-param>

...which seems to fix the problem, but still not sure if this is the right
way to do. Anyone experienced this before?

2) Even if the problem 1) is fixed, I still NEED to press *F5* each time I
request page *for*
*the first time*. Every subsequent request goes fine, but if you clean your
browser history (or
access page from the other machine), page won't get loaded properly (gwt
part missing).
The same thing can happen if you restart war bundle (or update) via karaf
console.

I want to avoid this, because it can confuse users : *page needs to load
completely every time. *

I'm using karaf 2.3.2, the latest zk (6.5.4) and the latest gwt.

Example war file attached. *Please help!*

--
Bratislav Stojanovic, M.Sc.