Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de> on 2012/04/08 19:19:19 UTC

capture invoice on billing account - error

Hello,

1. I created a billing account on supplier side with amount 0$
2. I did a payment from our bank to suppliers billing account f.ex. 10000$
This amount is like a deposit, were we pay our upcoming invoices from
3. I created a purchase invoice (without an order), referenced to the
billing account of the supplier
4. I get to accounting >> billing accounts >> invoices of the selected
account
after that I pressed capture to pay the invoice with our credit balance on
the billing account

error:
*The Following Errors Occurred:
Attempt to settle Invoice xxxx which contained none/multiple orders*

So I checked the source code (PaymentGatewayServices.java:

/// make sure they are all for the same order
        String testOrderId = null;
        boolean allSameOrder = true;
        if (orderItemBillings != null) {
            Iterator<GenericValue> oii = orderItemBillings.iterator();
            while (oii.hasNext()) {
                GenericValue oib = oii.next();
                String orderId = oib.getString("orderId");
                if (testOrderId == null) {
                    testOrderId = orderId;
                } else {
                    if (!orderId.equals(testOrderId)) {
                        allSameOrder = false;
                        break;
                    }
                }
            }
        }

        if (testOrderId == null || !allSameOrder) {
            Debug.logWarning("Attempt to settle Invoice #" + invoiceId + "
which contained none/multiple orders", module);
            return
ServiceUtil.returnFailure(UtilProperties.getMessage(resource,
                    "AccountingInvoiceCannotBeSettle",
                    UtilMisc.toMap("invoiceId", invoiceId), locale));
        }/

So it seems to have an order ID for each purchased item. Is that correct?
The thing is, I want to integrate purchase invoices from the last year out
of other systems, to be balanced at now...so I have not inserted the items
into my system. So I choosed as Invoice Item Type: Invoice Product Item with
my own description, cause its not in the system.

How can I handle that case? Ineed to bring invoices into the system without
doing an order before.

Btw. im wondering why I cannot upload an invoice file to each invoice that I
created in the system. Cause we create a purchase invoice to now what we
have to get and what we have to pay. But after that we get the goods and we
get a paper invoice from supplier which we have to archieve in our system.
How do you handle it?

thanks in advance and greetings to you all,

Robert

Re: capture invoice on billing account - error

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.
You may archive the copy by uploading it through Content > DataSource by choosing an appropriate mime type for the attached file. As far I can tell 'Invoice' and 'Content' records are not related in current OFBiz system. You may perhaps extend the 'Invoice' entity by adding a field 'contentId' and relation to 'Content' entity and customize the invoice overview screen to add a new screenlet so that the information can be accessed from the overview screen.

HTH

Regards
Vikas

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 21, 2012, at 11:49 PM, Robert G. wrote:

> I see, thanks for your replys. How do you handle it? You just file it in a
> lever arch file and remark the supplier invoice number in your ofbiz
> pruchase order?
>
> does anyone checked the other problem? I wanted to include older invoices
> into the system, but got the described error - I think, cause no order is
> available for these invoices. But it should be possible to integrate
> purchase invoices without an order, shouldnt it?

I believe the entire process as you mentioned earlier should work without the order. Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge on the subject could clarify.

Regards
Vikas

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

I find the solution in OFBiz with regards to storing documents like
purchasing invoices and such cumbersome. That why we have chosen for an ECM
solution that works.

Maybe someday, the jcr branch can deliver a working solution for this. But
up to now it isn't ready for it.

Regards,

Pierre

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.

Posted by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de>.
Any Idea on this?

Robert2012 wrote

Posted by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de>.
someone an idea? its really important to me

Robert2012 wrote