Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Matt Davies <ma...@tynt.com> on 2011/07/18 19:36:40 UTC

Specifying alternate zookeeper locations for HBaseStorage

Hello,

Is there a way to specify the zookeeper quorum for a pig job writing out to
HBase using HBaseStorage?  For instance,

jobA -> zkquorum 1
jobB -> zkquorum 2

I know that it reads from the hbase configuration files on disk, but I'd
like the equivalent of setting
conf.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", "zkquorum1") without recompiling it into
HBaseStorage.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Re: Specifying alternate zookeeper locations for HBaseStorage

Posted by Raghu Angadi <an...@gmail.com>.
did you try
set hbase.zookeeper.quorum 'zkquorum2'

in your script? It seems to work in my read test.
Raghu.

Posted by Rohan Rai <ro...@inmobi.com>.
Thanks Matt

You gave me a hint that there must be something wrong in my configuration.

Actually something was.

I did not set HBASE_CONF_DIR

Thanks
Rohan