Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bernulfiskus <be...@stiwa.com> on 2006/11/03 13:31:36 UTC

Nullpointer-Exception addPlugin

Hi!

I'm new with Maven - i created a simple sample-project, if i compile the
project i get a nullpointer-Exception!
I'm behind a firewall, a proxy is configured...

Any Idea?

Bernie

[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO]
[DEBUG] maven-resources-plugin: resolved to version 2.2 from repository
central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::1 for
project: null:maven-r
plugin:2.2 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::1 for project:
org.apache.maven.plug
1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::1 for project:
org.apache.maven:maven-parent:pom
.
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]

Re: Nullpointer-Exception addPlugin

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Sha Jiang,

Maven-dependency-plugin is the same as dependency-maven-plugin. The
difference is that the former is from apache, while the latter is from
codehaus. But they are basically one and the same.

However, maven-dependency-plugin is not yet released (though it is scheduled
to be soon). Thus, if you don't want to use a snapshot version, use the
codehause dependency-maven-plugin.

Cheers,
Franz

jiangshachina wrote:

> Dear Wayne,
> I had the same error.
> With your hint, I removed some artifacts carefully and gradually.
> Finally found that plugin maven:maven-dependency-plugin:1.0 caused the
> matter.
> Deleting the plugin would be OK.
>
> Additionally, if I don't specify plugin in POM, and run "mvn
> dependency:copy-dependencies",
> Maven will use plugin org.codehaus.mojo:dependency-maven-plugin:1.0.
> Why Maven chose dependency-maven-plugin, but maven-dependency-plugin, by
> default?
>
> a cup of Java, cheers!
> Sha Jiang
>

> Wayne Fay wrote:
>>
>> You can run with mvn -X ...to get more specific debugging information
>> about what plugin is causing your problems etc.
>>
>> However, I'd just delete your local Maven2 repository
>> (~/.m2/repository) and try again. Maven will automatically download
>> the files it needs to construct your project.
>>
>> I'd suspect that you have simply managed to get a "bad" plugin JAR in
>> your repo somewhere. Especially given that you're behind a firewall --
>> many people attempt to run Maven without configuring things at first
>> and end up with corrupt JARs etc. Then they realize they need to
>> configure their firewall proxy and the old corrupt artifacts are still
>> waiting in your ~/.m2 repo to bite you in the future.
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>> On 11/3/06, bernulfiskus <be...@stiwa.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm new with Maven - i created a simple sample-project, if i compile the
>>> project i get a nullpointer-Exception!
>>> I'm behind a firewall, a proxy is configured...
>>>
>>> Any Idea?
>>>
>>> Bernie
>>>

>>> [INFO] Building Maven Default Project
>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
>>> [INFO]
>>> [DEBUG] maven-resources-plugin: resolved to version 2.2 from repository
>>> central
>>> [DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::1
>>> for
>>> project: null:maven-r
>>> plugin:2.2 from the repository.
>>> [DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::1 for
>>> project:
>>> org.apache.maven.plug

Posted by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com>.
Dear Wayne,