Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Edgar Gonzalez <eg...@valhallaproject.com> on 2002/05/21 16:32:54 UTC

Non-ascii characters in TR.props

Hi,

I experienced some problems when I put non-ascii characters (i.e. a with accent, etc) in TR.props, using the same approach for the login.message or login.error properties.

In my dev platform (Win) every works fine, but when I move to the production platform (Unix) when I use TurbineResources.getString("myProp") the characters don't show properly.

I review the code and see that the Class used to read the TR.props is from Velocity, and I think that the problem is because when the file is readed no char encoding is used.

Any idea ?

do I have to use ResourceBundles for dealing with non-ascii characters?

Thx

Edgar