Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/23 15:30:46 UTC

Add new basic shape in AOO

Hi

First of all, congrats to all by your best work in AOO. I continue using
and following the community, maintaining the pt-BR translation, but without
many time to work in the project at all.

Anyway, today i have a problem in to draw a network flow, like in MS Visio,
and I found some great stencils, already converted in image and packaged
for AOO. This is the easy part. The hard part is some shapes that haven't
in AOO, like a round square/rectangle with space to write some text as
title (at top).

Take a look in this image[1] and see some squares with "Dialer [A|B|C]". I
saw a page in the wiki[2] that explain how i can add a new shape in a new
draw file, but my question is how insert in the draw bar, inside a button
like of smile.

I believe that is a good shape to add in AOO.

In other hand, someone can give me a idea about the filter to import VISIO
files in AOO?
Since now, thanks in advanced,
Claudio

ps: Please, add my email in CC. I'm not subscribed in this list.

[1]
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Cc751322.vcsfrl03_big(l=en-us).gif
[2]
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Create_a_New_Custom_Shape_in_Source_in_File

Re: Add new basic shape in AOO

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:30:46AM -0300, Claudio Filho wrote:
> Hi
>
> First of all, congrats to all by your best work in AOO. I continue using
> and following the community, maintaining the pt-BR translation, but without
> many time to work in the project at all.
>
> Anyway, today i have a problem in to draw a network flow, like in MS Visio,
> and I found some great stencils, already converted in image and packaged
> for AOO. This is the easy part. The hard part is some shapes that haven't
> in AOO, like a round square/rectangle with space to write some text as
> title (at top).

Calligra Flow has a lot of stencils, and the are in ODG format, see
http://lxr.kde.org/source/calligra/flow/stencils
You can create galleries from all of them.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Add new basic shape in AOO

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Claudio,

Claudio Filho schrieb:
> Hi
>
> First of all, congrats to all by your best work in AOO. I continue using
> and following the community, maintaining the pt-BR translation, but without
> many time to work in the project at all.
>
> Anyway, today i have a problem in to draw a network flow, like in MS Visio,
> and I found some great stencils, already converted in image and packaged
> for AOO. This is the easy part. The hard part is some shapes that haven't
> in AOO, like a round square/rectangle with space to write some text as
> title (at top).
>
> Take a look in this image[1] and see some squares with "Dialer [A|B|C]". I
> saw a page in the wiki[2] that explain how i can add a new shape in a new
> draw file, but my question is how insert in the draw bar, inside a button
> like of smile.

You would need to do changes in the code and build your own version of
AOO. There exists no generic way to add new shapes. But you can collect
them in a Gallery theme. Dragging from Gallery is nearly as fast as
selecting the drawing tool and then drag-create the shape.

> I believe that is a good shape to add in AOO.
>
> In other hand, someone can give me a idea about the filter to import VISIO
> files in AOO?

There exist no such filter.

You can define such shape in svg. It is not difficult, svg is human
readable and you can use a simple editor. Using a custom shape will be
difficult, because you would need to colors inside the shape. AOO
imports svg as vector graphic, which is good for scaling. A Svg-image as
Draw object -as all images- has a text component, so that you can write
the texts as part of the image when you have insert them into Draw and
need no grouping.

Kind regards
Regina