Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by julian tol <jt...@brandscreen.com> on 2009/09/23 12:33:05 UTC

General shout-out to Hadoop users and experts

We're looking to find someone to join us for 2 to 3 months to help us
develop a media trading application not unlike real-time algorithmic trading
systems in the financial world. I've copied the basic wish list below -
would be eager to know if you can recommend anyone.

We are based in Sydney, but we're happy to discuss travel and remote work.
We're also opening an office in NYC from Jan next year.

Cheers, Julian CEO, Brandscreen Inc.

------------------------------------

Algorithmic optimization in real-time bidding and trading systems using
Hadoop/MapReduce and the following skill sets:

- Predictive modelling
- Linear algebra/matrix operations
- Relevancy
- Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
- Singular Value Decomposition (SVD)
- Large scale data manipulation
- Fast Fourier transforms
- Time series analysis
- Statistical analysis (regression)
- Machine learning algorithms (neural networks, support vector machines,
bayes, k-nearest neighbours)

Julian Tol
Chief Executive Officer
BRANDSCREEN, INC.
DIGITAL MEDIA TRADING PLATFORM

NORTH AMERICA: 19 Beach Street PH | New York, New York 10013 | T (646)
257-4054 | M +61 422 511 360 | E jtol@brandscreen.com | skype
jtol_brandscreen
ASIA-PACIFIC: 6th floor, 30 Alfred Street | Milsons Point NSW 2061 Australia

www.brandscreen.com