Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Moabi Nyokong <Mo...@discovery.co.za> on 2003/01/06 15:01:46 UTC

"URL string is null" , after changing JSP template location

Hi All,
I kept getting this problem using JSSPortlet and the taglib after changing
the location of my Jsp templates in the appropriate .properties files. I
tracked it down to /template/jsp/layouts/html/default.jsp which sets the
"screenJsp" parameter to request.getAttribute("screenJsp"), which always
returns a null.
I have a workaround that sets (in default.jsp): String screenJsp =
"/templates/jsp/portlets/" + request.getParameter("screenJsp")

And in the requesting Jsp the link looks like this: "<jetspeed:link
template="PremiumTimeAnalysis.jsp" />?screenJsp=PremiumTimeAnalysis.jsp'"

Is there a better way, or is there something else I was doing wrong?
I'm using JS 1.4-b3 (same problem with 1.4-b1), under Weblogic 7

Regards,
Moabi