Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/12 21:38:55 UTC

Re: Migrating build system to Gradle

Hi,

One more update: the build is almost complete.
It builds artifacts, it runs various verifications, it pushes artifacts to
SVN/Nexus/Sonar.
It prepares site/documentation, pushes it to preview repository along with
RAT report, and puts relevant links to "vote" mail template.

The missing bits are: "batch tests", "third-party license checks in LICENSE
and licenses/ folder", and some cleanups (e.g. removal of pom templates)

As those are implemented, Gradle script would become a superset of current
build.xml.

Any thoughts so far?
I'm afraid I did not receive much feedback yet, so it is time to try
Gradle-based build.

My plan is to issue a lazy consensus vote (see
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html ) as the build script is
ready, so if you think you might disagree with the change, please take your
time to provide some feedback. Otherwise the absence of vetos would imply
the agreement to merge the change.

Vladimir

Re: Migrating build system to Gradle

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think Gradle build script is now a superset of build.xml, and I'm
sure the current state of vlsi/gradle branch is good to go.
New stuff: "gw generateLicenseReport" searches third-party jars for
LICENSE-like files and collects the licenses (to
src/license-binary/build/reports folder)

It would be great if you could try Gradle before the PR is committed.

Vladimir

Re: Migrating build system to Gradle

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Just in case: client-server batch tests are there.

It is funny that Ant script looks as if batchtestserver was calling
Bug54685.jmx, however in fact it calls BatchTestLocal.jmx.

The way to execute client-server test is "gw
batchServerBatchTestLocal" (the naming is "batchServer"+jmxName)
You can find the list of all batch tests via gw :src:dist-check:tasks
or via cd src/dist-check && gw tasks.

Vladimir

Re: Migrating build system to Gradle

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
One more update: batch tests are there (except the two tests with
client-server mode).

The tests are executed as a part of `gw test` or via explicit call to `gw
allBatchTests` or one by one like `gw batchBug62239`

Here's an example how "batch failure" looks like:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/jmeter/builds/532439593#L1090-L1118
It shows unified diffs for both xml and csv.

Vladimir

Re: Migrating build system to Gradle

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Vladimir,