Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ar...@umich.edu on 2008/03/06 14:53:05 UTC

MVN: release plugin

I've been working with the release plugin for the first time and
encountering build failures that I've gradually been able to resolve to
the point where I'm prompted for the desired release version, next
development version, etc. (in this initial test dry run I called it
2.5.0.a).  My second to last failure involved a custom property
variable ${sakai.version} used in certain Sakai dependency declarations
that the release plugin was unable to update . I believe we have
resolved this <version> issue by updating ${sakai.version} to SNAPSHOT.

However, when I issue the following release command

mvn -e release:clean release:prepare -DdryRun=true

I encounter another build failure due to a non-existent
base-2.5.0.a.pom that Maven is attempting to locate.  None of my poms
in the multi-project build reference 2.5.0.a nor is there a
release.properties file.  The poms <version> are all SNAPSHOT.

How do I get the release plugin to stop trying to locate
base-2.5.0.a.pom and instead commence the release process anew?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Anthony Whyte
University of Michigan

arwhyte$ mvn -e release:clean release:prepare -DdryRun=true
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/sakaiproject/base/2.5.0.a/base-2.5.0.a.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.sakaiproject
ArtifactId: base
Version: 2.5.0.a

  org.sakaiproject:base:pom:2.5.0.a

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.sakaiproject:base for project:
org.sakaiproject:component-base:pom:null for project
org.sakaiproject:component-base:pom:null
. . . .

Re: release plugin

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning Anthony-

I am seeing the same errors when the local pom in my subfolder is ignored
and an aberrant base pom is being used for location dependencies
Is there any command we can use to request maven to use the location
parameters in my local pom.xml and IGNORE misleading parent parameters?

Many Thanks to your university for publishing working poms and jars for the
maven community to use

Please keep me apprised
Martin-
> I've been working with the release plugin for the first time and
> encountering build failures that I've gradually been able to resolve to
> the point where I'm prompted for the desired release version, next
> development version, etc. (in this initial test dry run I called it
> 2.5.0.a).  My second to last failure involved a custom property
> variable ${sakai.version} used in certain Sakai dependency declarations
> that the release plugin was unable to update . I believe we have
> resolved this <version> issue by updating ${sakai.version} to SNAPSHOT.
>
> However, when I issue the following release command
>
> mvn -e release:clean release:prepare -DdryRun=true
>
> I encounter another build failure due to a non-existent
> base-2.5.0.a.pom that Maven is attempting to locate.  None of my poms
> in the multi-project build reference 2.5.0.a nor is there a
> release.properties file.  The poms <version> are all SNAPSHOT.
>
> How do I get the release plugin to stop trying to locate
> base-2.5.0.a.pom and instead commence the release process anew?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony Whyte
> University of Michigan
>

> arwhyte$ mvn -e release:clean release:prepare -DdryRun=true
> + Error stacktraces are turned on.
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/sakaiproject/base/2.5.0.a/base-2.5.0.a.p
om
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.sakaiproject
> ArtifactId: base
> Version: 2.5.0.a

>   org.sakaiproject:base:pom:2.5.0.a
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>

> [INFO]
> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
> org.sakaiproject:base for project:
> org.sakaiproject:component-base:pom:null for project
> org.sakaiproject:component-base:pom:null
> . . . .

Re: MVN: release plugin

Posted by ar...@umich.edu.
Nicole--I tried that but I still throw the build error.

Anthony

Re: MVN: release plugin

Posted by Nicole Lacoste <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,