Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Dagang Wei <fu...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/26 06:24:25 UTC

What are build/ and output/ for?

Hi folks,

I am having difficulty understanding the difference between build/ and
output/. From the names, I assume build/ is used for build and output/ is
used for keeping build result. But I do find package sources are copied to
output/ and maven builds happen there.

Dagang

Re: What are build/ and output/ for?

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

you are right. Some of the compile targets are not using intermediate build directories consistently. However resulting artifacts are always in output/, independent of rpm or deb system.

greetings,
olaf