Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Gunnar Hilling <ne...@hilling.de> on 2003/12/30 16:35:19 UTC

questions about tx.lock() and a feature request

Hello,

1.)
I was just trying to update data with odmg and found that using implicit
locking is quite tricky because it seems to result in locking the same
Objects multiple times eventually.
Is this assumption correct?

If so, is it a good advice to turn implicit locking off with
tx.setImplicitLocking(false) (if You know what you're doing, seems also
much more efficient for me)?

2.)
When are Objects that are referenced by changed Objects automatically
persisted (using ODMG)? I have to use db.makePersistent explicitly for
Objects that are referenced (unidirectional).

3.) (Feature Request)
I just ran into an error because I had given a non-existent foreign key to
ojb ("textdatatXMLId" instead of "textdataXmlId"). I think that in this
case a runtime-exception should be thrown because it's impossible to store
the requested relation. Instead the program finishes without updating the
relation:
- foreignkey(descriptor) "textdataXMLId" matches DB-col "textdataxmlid"(OK)
- foreignkey(class) "textdataXmlId" matches DB-col "textdataxmlid" (OK)
- BUT: foreignkey(descriptor) does not match foreignkey(class) and this
seems not to be tested ...

Best Regards,

-Gunnar