Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "McKenna, Simon (RGH)" <Si...@rgh.sa.gov.au> on 2005/07/25 04:02:37 UTC

Small windows bdb issue moving 1.1.4 to 1.2.1

Hi,

Just upgraded our repositories which live on Windows Server 2003 (SP1),
for our BDB repositories I followed the instructions in Buildnotes.txt

- Stop svnserve
- svnadmin recover <repos-dir>
- svnadmin list-unused-dblogs <repos-dir>
- del <repos-dir>\db\__db.00?
- Upgrade Subversion

I believe I followed these steps (via an automated script),
however when I tried to perform a hotcopy after upgrading:

svnadmin: Can't open file '<repos-dir>/db/locks' for reading

Puzzled, I ran 'svnadmin verify' against all repositories, which
reported no problems. So I ran our hotcopy process again and the
problem went away.   Everything is now working correctly.

No dramas, all is well, just unsure why svnadmin had the hiccup?

Re: Small windows bdb issue moving 1.1.4 to 1.2.1

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
McKenna, Simon (RGH) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just upgraded our repositories which live on Windows Server 2003 (SP1),
>for our BDB repositories I followed the instructions in Buildnotes.txt
>
>- Stop svnserve
>- svnadmin recover <repos-dir>
>- svnadmin list-unused-dblogs <repos-dir>

DId you remove the files this command listed?

-- Brane