Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Gagan Gaur <ga...@dtius.com> on 2000/11/08 20:48:01 UTC

setDeferNodeExpansion

Hi,
I am using DOMParser to create a DOM tree from an InputSource and using a
DTD to validate the XML. Also some of the attributes in the XML are
defaulted from the DTD. When I call the DOMParser's parse() method, it adds
those attributes to the resulting DOM tree. But when I use
setDeferNodeExpansion(false), I find that each attribute has been added
twice to the XML. Anybody can tell me why it adds them twice and how to
avoid it?
I am using Xerces version 1.1.2. I tried 1.1.3 and 1.2.0 and I get the same
error. It works fine with 1.2.1 though. Is it a known bug in earlier
versions of Xerces?
Thanks for help
Gagan