Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Ekaterina Dimitrova <ek...@datastax.com> on 2019/11/12 22:25:15 UTC

Improvements on C* v3.11

Hello,
According to the official Cassandra web page no new features could be
submitted for version 3.11. I am not sure whether this also covers some
small improvements?
Short example - CASSANDRA-12197

Thank you in advance

Best regards,
Ekaterina Dimitrova | Software Engineer
ekaterina.dimitrova@datastax.com | datastax.com
<http://datastax.com/?utm_campaign=FY20Q2_CONSTELLATION&utm_+medium=email&utm_source=signature>

Re: Improvements on C* v3.11

Posted by Aleksey Yeshchenko <al...@apple.com.INVALID>.
Normally we prefer new features to go to trunk.

In some rare cases, when the risk is low and the value of a new feature is high, we make exceptions - but usually early in a major version life cycle, and mostly in the past, when we were a lot more lax about such things.

In this particular case I think 4.0(+) is the right major version for this change to land on.