Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by saikrishna venkata pendyala <pv...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/22 12:32:56 UTC

Re: Help on Fields

Hai,
     Can I store multiple values for same Field, with same field name for a
given document.

      I mean is this operation permitted

     doc.add(Field.text("title","T1"))
     doc.add(Field.text("title","T2"))
     doc.add(Field.text("title","T3"))

     So when I ask for title it should return all the titles.

regards,
Saikrishna

Re: Help on Fields

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Yes, no problem.  Except there is no Field.text() method, so you'll
want to use the Field constructor to make the fields at least stored
to get them back, but most likely you'd also want them indexed and
tokenized too.

	Erik