Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Raghu Doppalapudi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/21 21:24:31 UTC

Regarding Datanode secure ports

I am starting datanode in secure mode on higher default ports by overriding
the following property.

        <property>
                <name>ignore.secure.ports.for.testing</name>
                <value>true</value>
        </property>

Is this property going to be a permanent one, please suggest whether this
property good to use, I just want to check whether this is temporary or
permanent property.

Thanks

Re: Regarding Datanode secure ports

Posted by Raghu Doppalapudi <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris, very good information, it helps.

Thanks
Raghu

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Raghu,