Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Uccello <fr...@phantomfiber.com> on 2008/10/17 15:53:47 UTC

INFO: Retrying request

I have Windows 2003 SP2, tom cat 5.5 , jave 1.5 box

I can reach my tomcat app using localhost:8050/IT/servlet but not
localhost/IT/servlet

I was getting an http error Http error  404 - File or directory
localhost/IT/servlet on web page of not found

I took a closer look at the tomcat logs and they state:

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request

Anyone see this issue

Thanks

RE: INFO: Retrying request

Posted by Frank Uccello <fr...@phantomfiber.com>.
Not 100$ sure what you mean but here are  my configs
Iaspi_redirector.porperty file located c:\program
files\apache\Jk_redir\bin

# Configuration file for the Jakarta ISAPI Redirector

# The path to the ISAPI Redirector Extension, relative to the website
# This must be in a virtual directory with execute privileges
extension_uri=/Jk_Redir/isapi_redirect.dll

# Full path to the log file for the ISAPI Redirector
log_file=C:\PROGRA~1\IT\WIR1\tc-logs\IsapiRedirect.log

# Log level (debug, info, warn, error or trace)
log_level=info

# Full path to the workers.properties file
worker_file=C:\PROGRA~1\IT\WIR1\tc-config\workers.properties

# Full path to the uriworkermap.properties file
worker_mount_file=C:\PROGRA~1\IT\WIR1\tc-config\uriworkermap.properties

--------------
Located C:\PROGRA~1\IT\WIR1\tc-config\
# workers.properties
#
# This file provides the jk configuration properties needed to
# connect to Tomcat.

#
# List of workers that jk should create and work with
#
worker.list=aj_pri,aj_sec

#
# Define Primary worker aj_pri
#
worker.aj_pri.host=localhost
worker.aj_pri.port=8050
worker.aj_pri.type=ajp13

#
# Define Secondary worker aj_sec
#
worker.aj_sec.host=localhost
worker.aj_sec.port=8051
worker.aj_sec.type=ajp13
---------------------------
Located in C:\PROGRA~1\IT\WIR1\tc-config\
# uriworkermap.properties - IIS
/IT/*=aj_pri

----------------
Located C:\PROGRA~1\IT\WIR1\tc-config\
<!-- Server Configuration File -->

  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
debug="0"/>

  <Service name="Tomcat-Primary">

    <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8050 -->
    <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector"
debug="0"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
acceptCount="10"
               useURIValidationHack="false" />

    <Engine name="Primary" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

      <!-- Global logger -->

 <!-- <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
              directory="C:/Program Files/IT/Wire1/logs"
              prefix="Tomcat-Primary." suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>
-->

      <!-- The default virtual host -->
      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="false" liveDeploy="false">
           <Context path="/IT" docBase="C:/Program
Files/IT/Wire1/webapps/IT.war" crossContext="false" />
           <Context path="/ITServices" docBase="C:/Program
Files/IT/Wire1/webapps/ITServices.war" crossContext="false" />
           <Context path="/ITWap" docBase="C:/Program
Files/IT/Wire1/webapps/ITWap.war" crossContext="false" />
      </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

Let me know what else you may need

Thanks

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
frank-

do you have any relevant entries in iptables?
do you have  redirectPort in your connector ?

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> Subject: INFO: Retrying request
> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:53:47 -0400
> From: franku@phantomfiber.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> I have Windows 2003 SP2, tom cat 5.5 , jave 1.5 box
>
> I can reach my tomcat app using localhost:8050/IT/servlet but not
> localhost/IT/servlet
>
> I was getting an http error Http error  404 - File or directory
> localhost/IT/servlet on web page of not found
>
> I took a closer look at the tomcat logs and they state:
>

> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
> INFO: Retrying request
>

> Anyone see this issue
>

> Thanks

When your life is on the go—take your life with you.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298558/direct/01/