Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/07/18 00:51:19 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "Solr1.3" by HossMan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HossMan:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr1%2e3

  == TODO: SolrJ ==

+ === API ===
+
  This will be the first official release - we should make sure the API is something we want to live with...

  currently only:
@@ -88, +90 @@

    no
   q.setSortField( name, order );

+ === Javadocs ===
+
+ currently no javadocs generated for solrj, we should have a set just for people writting clients, but they should probably also be included/crosslinked from the main javadocs since solrj is now included in the main solr.war for distributed search (there are a lot of javadoc errors currently about classes not found because of this)

  == TODO: Audit APIS of Major Additions since 1.2 ==
+
- There have been a lot of major changes since 1.2, we should audit the APIs to make sure they are resonable:
+ There have been a lot of major changes since 1.2, we should audit the APIs to make sure they are reasonable:
   * solrj
   * multi-core
   * search components
     * are we happy with [http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/component/ResponseBuilder.java ResponseBuilder.java]?  Are the correct fields public/private?
     * are we happy with the way "last-components" and "first-components" works?
   * distributed search
+  * QParsers
+    * should these live in a new org.apache.solr.search.qparser subpackage? (right now they are cluttering up o.a.s.search something fierce)