Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by kiran p <kk...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/13 01:22:22 UTC

DB2 store for slide

Hi,

We use slide against DB2 amongst host of other databases. However, the slide
project does not have any adapters for DB2. The J2EE stores also do not work
against DB2.
We are developing an adapter DB2 (lot of the code from Oracle adapter is
being reused). The reason we had to develop a specific DB2 adapter was
because of the way the StandardRDBMSAdapter was written. The
StandardRDBMSAdapter makes a lot of use of jdbc/sql code similar to:
"insert into BINDING (URI_ID, NAME, CHILD_UURI_ID) select ?, ?, URI_ID from
URI where URI_STRING = ?"

However, DB2 does not like the fact that parameter markers are being used
for select columns. Its unable to recognize that the markers are being used
for values and not for a column name. None of the other databases have a
problem with this.

Anyways, my question is would slide project be interested in a DB2 adapter?
If so we would like to contribute the DB2 adapter code and the DB2 schema to
the slide community. We have a working schema for DB2 8.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Re: DB2 store for slide

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
This would be great!

Maybe we can even have the DB2 adapter ready for the 2.1 release...

Oliver