Posted to users@directory.apache.org by be...@uncle.se on 2007/06/18 14:02:26 UTC

Running ApacheDS on Microsoft Vista.

Hi,

I'm new to this mailing list and greats all of you by sharing my problem with a solution.

I had some problems getting ApacheDS to run under Microsoft Vista due to some compatibility problems and that the server needs administrator privileges.

This is my solution:

1. Right click in the ApacheDS shortcut and go to properties
2. Select the Compatibility tab
3. Under "Compatibility mode" check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)"
4. Under "Privilege Level" check the "Run this program as an administrator"

After this you can run ApacheDS on by clicking the shortcut.

Hope this helps others as well.

/Per-Erik Bergman

Re: Running ApacheDS on Microsoft Vista.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks fro the tip, Erik !

We will try to understand why Vista is a problem with ApacheDS, but we
will need a Vista enabled computer ...

Emmanuel

On 6/18/07, bergman@uncle.se <be...@uncle.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list and greats all of you by sharing my problem with a solution.
>
> I had some problems getting ApacheDS to run under Microsoft Vista due to some compatibility problems and that the server needs administrator privileges.
>
> This is my solution:
>
> 1. Right click in the ApacheDS shortcut and go to properties
> 2. Select the Compatibility tab
> 3. Under "Compatibility mode" check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)"
> 4. Under "Privilege Level" check the "Run this program as an administrator"
>
> After this you can run ApacheDS on by clicking the shortcut.
>
> Hope this helps others as well.
>
> /Per-Erik Bergman

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny