Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Sathyanarayan, Harish" <Ha...@virtustream.com> on 2017/08/29 12:52:21 UTC

problem with starting JDBM partition

Hey Guys

Not sure if any of you ran into this but kind of a weird problem with M23 verison of ApacheDS. The context entry created for a JDBM partition does not show up only at the second time of restarting the embedded server instance. It works fine from the 3rd time onwards. I am reasonably sure that the partition is created correctly and initialized.  Has anyone seen this problem.?

Re: problem with starting JDBM partition

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 30/08/2017 à 14:27, Sathyanarayan, Harish a écrit :
> Is it just me who is getting this issue with JDBM partition, I am hesitant to use apachedDS instance in production with this partition issue. If anyone solved this issue,  let me know?
The issue you are facing is different, but yes, there is an issue with
JDBM. Would you use ApacheDS in production, I strongly suggest you have
a backup running peridodically in order to reload the backend in case if
becomes corrupted. We have added a 'repair' mode to fix a corrupted
backend, but t's not a guaranteed solution.

We are working on replacing JDBM completey, it takes time.

In any case, you should easily be able to use OpenLDAP in prodution, as
we are 100% schema compatible, injecting your data should be a no brainer.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

RE: problem with starting JDBM partition

Posted by "Sathyanarayan, Harish" <Ha...@virtustream.com>.

Posted by "Sathyanarayan, Harish" <Ha...@virtustream.com>.
Hi Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.