Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com> on 2001/11/20 21:51:29 UTC

Where IS mod_webapp ??

I've apparently missed out on something, because where is the mod_webapp
for the different OS'es and where is the source (because the one in the
tomcat 4.0 "binary tree" for linux is apparently using the wrong api, it
should be using EAPI..)

I've understood that there is something called j-t-c, but where is their
webpage??

Thanks a lot.. Getting way too late too sit at work over here..

--
Mvh,
Endre

mod_jk vs. mod_webapp & tomcat4

Posted by Robert Schmid <al...@raptor.net>.
Which connector is the preferred or suggested connector for tomcat 4?
I've seen some people saying they switched back to mod_jk.  Is mod_jk more
desireable until mod_webapp is more advanced?

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.
Endre Stølsvik wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Chad Johnson wrote:
>
> | The WebApp Module has a little webpage.  Take a look here.
> |
> | http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/
>
> Thanks!
>
> But I'd also like a more "stable" release. How do I get that?

Take a look at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/>
Here you'll find a stable version of mod_webapp (in the linux, macosx,
win32, solaris subdir).

> - And this is *WAY* underdocumented!!

Just search the mailinglist archives ;-)

Gerard

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
"Clere, Jean-Frederic" wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> > > I think it's a good idea to make a release.
> >
> > I'm on a plane ATM, but +1 for me, J.F., would you be R.M. for this one?
>
> I will try. At least I can make the tarball and  retest the thinks :)

I have prepared some prerelease tarballs.
I still have to tag and to retest my plaforms. And I will also try to fix 4367
and 4930.

Please have a look at http://www.apache.org/~jfclere/ and tell me if something
is wrong.

Cheers

Jean-frederic

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Gerard van Enk wrote:
>
>>Chad Johnson wrote:
>>

>>>Hey,
>>>  Pier can correct me on this, but I believe mod_webapp is still beta
>>>quality.  So grabbing whats in CVS is a safe bet.  The binarys that come
>>>with Tomcat 4.0.1 have some bugs that have since been corrected (ie only
>>>being able to reference web apps in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps).
>>>
>>I don't think Pierre will correct you very soon, because I believe he's
>>gonna be offline for quite some time (I read somewhere he's gonna travel
>>a lot).
>>But I believe you're correct on this one, grabbing something from cvs
>>(or a nightly build) is better, because a few import bugs have been fix
>>in cvs, but not in the version that's included in Tomcat4.0.1.
>>
>>Maybe someone of the Tomcat developers (that's why I'm cc-en this to
>>tomcat-dev) could update the official version, or are there any bugs to
>>be fixed in cvs?
>>

> I have noted 5 bugs that I am trying to fix (4367, 4925, 4559 and 2941) and I
> have marked 4545 as fixed.

The first one (4367) doesn't contain a lot of info, I am running Apache
and mod_webapp without segfaults.....

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>.
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Gerard van Enk wrote:

| Endre Stølsvik wrote:
|
|  > On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Chad Johnson wrote:
|  >
|  > | The WebApp Module has a little webpage.  Take a look here.
|  > |
|  > | http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/
|  >
|  > Thanks!
|  >
|  > But I'd also like a more "stable" release. How do I get that?
|

| Take a look at
| <http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/>
| Here you'll find a stable version of mod_webapp (in the linux, macosx,
| win32, solaris subdir).

But not for EAPI of Apache, as mentioned. I get this huge warning when
Apache start, saying that "this will be unstable, will probably break,
almost certain, and remember Murphy's law" or something similar.

|  > - And this is *WAY* underdocumented!!
|
| Just search the mailinglist archives ;-)

That's userfriendliness for ya'! :)

--
Mvh,
Endre

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>.

Re: Where IS mod_webapp ??

Posted by Chad Johnson <ch...@netnet.net>.
The WebApp Module has a little webpage.  Take a look here.

http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/

-Chad Johnson