Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vinci <vi...@polyu.edu.hk> on 2008/04/06 14:06:21 UTC

Phrase matching question

Hi all,

While I am dealing with the headache unicode normalization(it drives people
into crazy;) ),I would like to ask, how Solr dealing with the phrase
matching? If I set all the symbol as a stop word, would I put myself into a
risk that I get a error matching?
e.g. A field contains:
This is a Unicode, normalization drive peopel into crazy. 5.0 is too far
away.
=> (stopword removal) This is a Unicode   normalization drive peopel into
crazy   5.0 is too far away.
Then phrase "crazy 5.0" or "Unicode normalization" we have a match for this
field?

Thank you,
Vinci

Re: Phrase matching question

Posted by Vinci <vi...@polyu.edu.hk>.
Hi,

Thank hossman. You get it right :)
Seems the only solution is doing stopword removal in the query but not the
index....it may be problem if the index is very large, but it is okay for me
(also it allows user not killing the phrase "to be or not to be")