Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Man-Chi Leung <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/02 04:15:17 UTC

[m2] where to get sun.jdk:tools:jar:1.4.0 on MacOSX?

hi,

I checked out aspectj-maven-plugin from mojo sandbox, and I was
trying to build it.

however, I encountered an error saying that tools.jar was not found.

to my understand, we need to install Sun's Jar separately due to the
license issue. em.. ok!

but there is no tools.jar for Mac in  /System/Library/Java/
Extensions. any advice? should I copy tools.jar from windows SDK to mac?

anyone is having the same problem? pls help!

[INFO]
----
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

required artifacts missing:
   sun.jdk:tools:jar:1.4.0

for the artifact:
   org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

Re: [m2] where to get sun.jdk:tools:jar:1.4.0 on MacOSX?

Posted by Man-Chi Leung <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi Kaare,

for macosx, java home is very different from windows and unix.

Default Symbolic Link for $JAVA_HOME: /System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Home
in fact, it  is just a default Symbolic link, which may be pointing
to the following version, depending on the user's requirement

for 1.4:  /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4/Home
for 1.5:  /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Home

However the classes.jar(a.k.a tools.jar) is located at
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Classes/classes.jar

I hope u understand the layout. :-D

~manchi

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanx carlos, i have added it to my pom

/Kaare

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.
just ignore it ;)
it is a message from the ajc compiler, but will not cause anything not to work

/Kaare

Posted by Man-Chi Leung <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi ,

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Man-Chi Leung <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi Kaare,

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Man-Chi Leung <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi

I have just found out that /System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Classes/classes.jar = tools.jar for Sun SDK(win or
linux)

http://lists.apple.com/archives/java-dev/2002/Jun/msg00901.html

should I install classes.jar to my .m2/repository?

~manchi