Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Jaco Uys <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/02 13:27:56 UTC

possible bug in ChainResolver

Hi,

I have found an issue some time ago with resolving dependencies via a
chain resolver.
I can not remember the exact scenario, but had to do with resolving A
-> B -> C where A and C comes from a local repo and B from a 'shared'
repo.

The issue seems to be with ChainResolver that overrides 'public void
setCheckmodified(boolean check)'. The 'checkModified' value is not
propagated through to the base class 'AbstractResolver'. This results
in the 'AbstractResolver.getCacheOptions(ResolveData data)' behaving
incorrectly when creating the 'CacheMetadataOptions'.

The fix I made was to change the 'ChainResolver.setCheckmodified' to:

public void setCheckmodified(boolean check) {
        checkmodified = Boolean.valueOf(check);
        super.setCheckmodified(check);
}

I've attached an svn patch for it.