Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Linczak, Jonathan W." <Li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/08/01 00:22:22 UTC

Extracting description from page?

Hi, gotta quick question:

I want to create a set of links based on a certain level in the navigation that look like this:

Navigation Title (as link to page)
Contents of description to fall underneath here

Navigation Title 2 (as link to page)
Contents of description for document 2 to fall
underneath here

etc.

Is it possible to extract the description and display it in this way.  If so, where do I begin?

Jon

Re: Extracting description from page?

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Linczak, Jonathan W. wrote:

> I want to create a set of links based on a certain level in the
> navigation that look like this:
>
> Navigation Title (as link to page)
> Contents of description to fall underneath here
>
> Navigation Title 2 (as link to page)
> Contents of description for document 2 to fall
> underneath here
>
> Is it possible to extract the description and display it in this
> way.  If so, where do I begin?

We're working on exactly this to generate a "sitemap" page.  We're
implementing this in Java using the DOM based transformers.  Its
straight-forward to implement.

If you're interested, we can make this available in a week or two.

--
JP