Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dragos Manolescu <Dr...@servicenow.com> on 2013/03/28 19:05:28 UTC

Kafka 0.8 release schedule?

Hi --

Jun's Apachecon 2013 slides give March as the expected release for 0.8. I've seen on this list a number of blockers being worked on, and Jira shows a total of 29 blockers/critical/major issues. Could someone with a good grip on these issues and the dev team's velocity please share the latest thinking about the 0.8 release schedule?

Thank you,

-Dragos

Re: Kafka 0.8 release schedule?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
At this moment, the only blocker for the 0.8 beta release is the doc
(KAFKA-834). We will try to get those docs updated. We can plan to do the
0.8 beta release next week.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Dragos Manolescu <Dr...@servicenow.com>.
Thank you Neha! I may be able to help with KAFKA-826...

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>.
Jun,
Yes, updating the dependency minor versions does not necessarily block
beta, unless you wish to make sure those dependencies are tested during
beta.  It is trivial to rev them, so I assumed it would be useful to
change it sooner than later.  I can separate out the trivial version
update from the refactoring/cleanup in KAFKA-854 if that would be used.

I'm not sure all that is necessary for pushing to maven, but the bits for
that seem to be in project/build/KafkaProject.scala, which as far as I can
tell is not used -- I can introduce typos and random text in there and
everything still works.

-Scott

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Scott,