Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Prashant Baviskar <Pr...@patni.com> on 2007/08/13 13:01:38 UTC

Calling Struts Validation framework explicitly from WebServices

Hi,

I have a struts application.

I am separating business logic from presentation logic & going to expose
this business logic as web-service.

I want to explicitly call validation framework of struts from web service.

Please Help

--Thanks & Regards

Prashant Baviskar

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

Re: [OT] Re: Calling Struts Validation framework explicitly from WebServices

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Prashant Baviskar wrote:
> Thanks Dave,
>
> You are right,
>
> However I asked it again to get right answer.
>
> Anyways I tried with commons.apache.org
>
> I want to use org.apache.struts.validator.

You stated previously that you want to implement validation in an
application that is not using Struts, so why the insistence on using the
Struts validation code, rather than Commons Validator? The Struts code
is just a thin wrapper/adapter around Commons Validator.

> & want to know the class which explicitly calls other classes responsible
> for validation after the form is submitted

You seem to have identified the appropriate package to begin exploring:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts1/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/struts/validator/

In particular, I would bet that ValidatorPlugIn.java would serve as a
good starting point.

L.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.