Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sa Li <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/03 19:32:55 UTC

Re: Number of Consumers Connected

GuoZhang

Sorry for leaving this topic for a while, I am still not clear how to
commit the offset to zk from commandline, I tried this

bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper 10.100.71.33:2181 --topic
pipe-test-2 --from-beginning --property pipe

It seems generate a console-consumer-001 in zK, but when I did that to
other topics, nothing in zk, (I can't read anything from consumer group in
kafka-web-console), see
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 2] ls /consumers/web-console-consumer-38650
[offsets, owners, ids]
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 3] ls
/consumers/web-console-consumer-38650/offsets
[PofApiTest-1]
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 4] ls
/consumers/web-console-consumer-38650/offsets/PofApiTest-1
[3, 2, 1, 0, 7, 6, 5, 4]
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 5] ls
/consumers/web-console-consumer-38650/offsets/PofApiTest-1/3
[]

Any ideas?

thanks

AL

--

Alec Li

Re: Number of Consumers Connected

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
You can specify the consumer configs in the config file pointed by
"--consumer.config <config file>         Consumer config properties file.",
for example:

auto.commit.enable=true
auto.commit.interval.ms=1000

Guozhang