Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> on 2020/06/19 13:37:48 UTC

dependency troubles

We have had many reports of Guava version incompatibilities in recent
years.  To address this, I proposed moving jclouds dependencies from
Guava 18 to 22 and from Java 7 to 8.  This should give us compatibility
with Guava 22-30:

https://github.com/apache/jclouds/pull/75

We also have several reports of gson which is hard to address due to
OSGi but something we may upgrade as well.  Finally I have a personal
issue with BouncyCastle which prevents upgrading OkHttp which prevents
tests succeeding with later Java versions:

https://github.com/apache/jclouds/pull/71

I wonder what other dependencies have troubled users?  I would like
jclouds 2.3.0 to address all of our common dependency issues since we
will break some (and unbreak more) users due to the Guava upgrade.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: dependency troubles

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
I'd say those three are mostly the dependencies we have. We don't have
much more, but those three are definitely the main pain points.