Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Zoltan Varga <zo...@microsoft.com> on 2016/03/16 22:29:46 UTC

WebSocket support in Proton-J

Hi,

I am a developer at Microsoft Azure IoT team and we needed to have AMQP over WebSocket support in our library.
We have been using Proton-J for AMQP protocol and we wanted to extend the Proton-J library with WebSocket support.

I implemented the feature and filed a pull request couple days ago here:
https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/71

There is no traction on the pull request yet. Anybody can help me in the pull request process?  Is there anything I missed?

Thanks in advance,
Zoltan

Re: WebSocket support in Proton-J

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 16 March 2016 at 21:29, Zoltan Varga <zo...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a developer at Microsoft Azure IoT team and we needed to have AMQP over WebSocket support in our library.
> We have been using Proton-J for AMQP protocol and we wanted to extend the Proton-J library with WebSocket support.
>
> I implemented the feature and filed a pull request couple days ago here:
> https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/71
>
> There is no traction on the pull request yet. Anybody can help me in the pull request process?  Is there anything I missed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you for the contribution! I'm busy with some other bits right
now, but will try to take a look at the PR soon.

Robbie

RE: WebSocket support in Proton-J

Posted by Zoltan Varga <zo...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Rob,

Thank you for taking a look at it.
Meanwhile, I am double checking the code if it is fully compatible with the standard. That would be the goal, but let me verify every details of it.

Cheers,
Zoltan

I've not looked at the pull request - but is the work compatible with the draft OASIS standard on AMQP over WebSockets  ( https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.oasis-open.org%2fcommittees%2fdownload.php%2f57701%2famqp-wsb-v1.0-wd08.pdf&data=01%7c01%7czolvarga%40exchange.microsoft.com%7c592f775420884146b95908d34e70a5e2%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=Ynd8kVWxHnFFQkcVXcrODI0%2fUNvtqIwAai81fRWMsC8%3d
)?

Cheers,
Rob

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zoltan,

I've not looked at the pull request - but is the work compatible with the
draft OASIS standard on AMQP over WebSockets  (
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/57701/amqp-wsb-v1.0-wd08.pdf
)?

Cheers,
Rob