Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Simon Moore <Si...@condisline.com> on 2003/02/05 12:19:54 UTC

FTP ant task not being found

I'm being silly again but I can't seem to get the optional ant 'ftp' task to
be recognized. From the debug most other optional tasks are recognized
except for ftp or telnet and maybe a few others, I can't be sure.

I've tried by
	1. adding pom dependencies to either/both of ant-optional and
NetComponents and  adding them to either/both of [root] and [root.maven]
classloader
		e.g.
	 <dependency>
          <groupId>ant</groupId>
          <artifactId>ant-optional</artifactId>
          <version>1.5.1</version>

<url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/jelly/tags/interaction/</url>
            <properties>
                    <classloader>root.maven</classloader>
            </properties>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <id>NetComponents</id>
            <version>1.3.8</version>
            <properties>
                    <classloader>root.maven</classloader>
            </properties>
        </dependency>

	2. I have a copy of NetComponents in %MAVEN_HOME%/lib

      3. Defining the ftp task in an external ant build file and calling the
ant build file from my maven.xml

My maven.xml has the following project element:

<project
  xmlns:j="jelly:core"
  xmlns:i="jelly:interaction"
  xmlns:ant="jelly:ant"
  xmlns:maven="jelly:maven">

and calling:

<goal name="backup" prereqs="backup:init">
<ftp server="${remote.backup.server}"
         port="21"
         remotedir="${remote.backup.dir}"
         userid="cvs"