Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by "Rajan, Renuka" <re...@navteq.com> on 2005/11/07 04:53:40 UTC

Javacc

Hello All

I am a newbie to nutch-lucene development.  I am trying to write a
search class that supports search by regular expressions in Lucene.  But
I am not able to compile the source because I don't seem to have the
correct javacc library Lucene is expecting.

Where can I get a JavaCC distribution from ie one that's expected by
Lucene? I downloaded one from https://javacc.dev.java.net/.  This
distribution however has different packages than the one Lucene's
build.xml is looking for.

The Main class Lucene expects is COM.sun.labs.javacc.Main (as per the
build.xml), but the one I have is org.javacc.parser.Main and
org.javacc.jjtree.Main(yeah there are 2, don't know which one its
expecting).  The one that Lucene is looking for appears to be a sun
distribution.

Someone please help! I am stuck not being able to compile Lucene!

Many thanks in advance

Renuka

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.

Re: Javacc

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
What version of Ant are you using and what version of Lucene?

The latest trunk version of Lucene has gone back to using the
<javacc> task in Ant, which is a facade that handles all the various
versions of JavaCC, so my hunch is that your Ant distribution needs
to be updated.

     Erik