Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2013/10/09 16:51:36 UTC

[allura:tickets] #5623 branches and tags UI improvements [ss2252]

Github, bitbucket and rhodecode all use a combobox to browse tags & branches.  This is a well-known pattern and would be good to apply to Allura.  It could be moved to the top of the content section where we often show the current symbolic name anyway.

Other sidebar links "Browse Commits", fork, merge requests, upstream repo, etc would still be there, and require some additional changes to move out of the sidebar.

---

** [tickets:#5623] branches and tags UI improvements [ss2252]**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** support p3 ux performance
**Created:** Wed Jan 16, 2013 07:41 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Mon Mar 18, 2013 08:10 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

[forge:site-support:#2252]

>**Branches and Tags** Visually they are confined by the layout rectangles on the left hand side of the layout.  They occupy 3x more vertical space than in hgweb.  Horizontally the space is so limited it can't even display properly the name of a branch.  There is some number highlighted on each branch, its importance escapes me.  **I am missing the most important information: last modified date.**  And then also who modified it.

Could definitely use some UI improvement, especially when there are a lot of branches/tags, with long names.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/