Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Apache_User <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/30 10:00:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Compression does not work with load balancer

When we hit apache directly, we can see "Accept Encoding: gzip,deflate" in
the request header and "Content-Encoding:gzip,deflate" in the response
header, so we can confirm (?) compression is working fine.

However, when we hit the load balancer, which forwards the request to the
same apache instance, compression does not work. no
"Content-Encoding:gzip,deflate" in the response header.

Any Idea how we can proceed to troubleshoot this?.

Things I have tried:
-Ive tried enabling forensic logs, the request that comes from LB to apache
has the accept encoding.
-Ive checked that the deflate module is loaded
-Ive tried enabling the compression for a specific virtual host, and even at
generic level, still no go.

Does this have anything to do with the virtual host or listen port
configuration?